As newlyweds with shiny new kitchen gadgets, pots + pans and a brand new kitchen, we’re exploring the world of cooking. Here are some of the best recipes we’ve tried our hand at. Most of these are recipes I’ve found through blogs or recipe books.
- Pizza bread — a little labor intensive, but makes for a fun + delicious weekend project 🙂
- Hashbrown + egg baskets — delicious and easy breakfast (better than boring scrambled eggs!)
- Freezer breakfast burritos — make ahead for the week, and you’ll be set for breakfast each morning.
- Tea lattes — inspired by Starbucks, a great way to wind down at the end of the day
- Cheesy fried ravioli — inspired by fried bowtie pasta we had at Ketchup; great for a party appetizer, too.
- Easy veggie-filled meatloaf
- Italian chicken — easy weeknight meal
- Spaghetti with red onion, ricotta cheese and spinach — super easy and delicious, and it uses up ingredients I usually have on hand.
- Taco night — fun with a new product
- Broccoli mashed potatoes
- Skillet creamed corn — great for summer when corn on the cob is everywhere
- Simple fruit salad
- Zucchini chips — delicious and healthy
- Chocolate chip/Heath Bar toffee cookies — the first cookies I made using our stand mixer! you’ll love the Heath Bar chips
- Chocolate chip + pecan cookies — can’t go wrong with chocolate + nuts!
- Peanut M&M cookies — if you like peanut M&M’s, you’ll enjoy these
- Peanut butter cookies — probably the most delicious cookie I’ve made so far
- Red Velvet birthday cake — David’s favorite cake
- Homemade peppermint bark — amazingly easy and delicious (so much better than store bought)