I love homemade mashed potatoes. They’re so easy to make and taste a million times better than those funky out-of-a-box instant potatoes.
What can make mashed potatoes even better? Add broccoli! And yes, I’m ring serious.
I found this recipe by the Neely’s on Food Network a few years ago, but this time I made it I made it a little healthier by adapting the recipe to use Greek yogurt instead of heavy cream. Broccoli and Greek yogurt — what could be healthier than that!
All you need is:
- 4 yukon gold potatoes
- 2-3 heads of broccoli
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- Peel potatoes and cut into quarters
- In a large pot, bring salted water to a boil. Boil potatoes for 20-25 minutes (until tender).
- Meanwhile, cut the broccoli into florets. Add to the potatoes and continue to boil for another 7 minutes.
- Drain potatoes and broccoli and put back in the pan.
- In a sauce pan, heat the milk and butter. Pour over potatoes and broccoli.
- Add the Greek yogurt and mash the potatoes and broccoli until you reach the preferred consistency.