Is it really Friday again? This week has gone by fast, which is a good thing considering what we had to go through this week. So, continuing with last week’s “high five for Friday” fun, here are my top five highlights from this week:
1. David had oral surgery yesterday (he had all four wisdom teeth removed). I think the anxiety leading up to the surgery was the worst thing (let’s hope it stays that way!), but all went well (praise the Lord!) and now he’s enjoying being a bum on the couch. Glad that’s over. Now I get to have an allergy test on Monday, and then my oral surgery is next Friday. Woo! (sarcasm.)
2. Rehearsals for “The Wiz” started this week (I’m a dancer in the ensemble). It’s going to be a fun summer. Lots of dancing (which is good because I don’t sing), and the choreography is amazing. I’m excited.
3. On Sunday, I attended the bridal shower for one of my dear friends (and one of my bridesmaids), Alyse. It was held at Bonefish Grill in Destin. We enjoyed good food and I got to catch up with some of my friends from high school.
4. My church small group launched this week. I was nervous about it, but it went really well. It’s a small small group, but I’m more comfortable with just a few people anyway. The whole process of becoming a new leader has been fun and enlightening, and I’m glad I went through with it. (You can sign up here!) P.S. There’s a Mother’s Day sale for the book — you can get the e-book for just $2.99!
5. Finally, I wanted to share this pink KitchenAid giveaway on Picky Palate. I already have a stand mixer and a blender, but pink makes everything better (I’m sure it would make food taste better, too!). Now, I’m just waiting for 5 PM to get here so I can head out to Destiny Worship Center’s “Blingalicious” Women of Destiny event with my mother-in-law.
What did you enjoy this week?