Throughout the week when I’m working or cleaning or running errands, I always think about random topics I could/should blog about. But then time escapes me, so I don’t post even 1/4 of the ideas I have. So, today I’m going to start joining in on the “High Five for Friday” fun started by Lauren. Here are the top five things I enjoyed this week:
1. David and I judged the try-outs for a local middle school’s year-end talent show on Monday. The talent varied, but we did get to watch one girl play the harp (amazing), and see some good dancing, singing and guitar playing. After the try-outs, we went to dinner with my friend who asked us to judge. We went to Johnny O’Quigley’s where we enjoyed sandwiches on pretzel bread (delish), and listened to crazy middle school stories. Let’s just say I’m glad I’m not a middle school teacher!
2. I’ve followed about five Tumblr blogs this week. My favorite is “What should we call ballet.” Only dancers will understand. 🙂
3. I was my grandmother’s personal chauffeur on Wednesday — I drove her around to do all of her first-of-the-month errands, and we stopped at her favorite Mexican restaurant for lunch. Needless to say, she loved it. It’s amazing how something so simple can be so meaningful.
4. Charlie got groomed at Dapper Dogs on Thursday. He came home feeling so soft and smelling so good — he looked happy and handsome! I think he loved spending a few hours with the groomer and meeting new dog friends.
5. This week marked the one-year anniversary of Osama bin Laden’s killing. I don’t want to get into a long discussion about this, but I absolutely love the speech given by Scott Ott at the end of this PJTV video (the entire video is worth watching, but the end is the best):
Just one more thing — This weekend is the small groups expo at Destiny Worship Center. I’m excited to be leading a small group on living life as a Proverbs 31 woman. If you live in the area (& you’re a woman), I hope you’ll consider joining! Click here for details.
What did you enjoy this week?